Well, here I am, in my last week of classes in the sophomore year of college. I never thought that this would be a necessity, but then I realized that I am not coming home this summer. So I thought that people might want to know what I'm going to be doing. Here's the plan so far... I have been on the waiting list for summer research since the middle of March, so I am no longer really considering that as an option. I have a job as a summer conference assistant in Lichty Hall... where I've lived for the past two years. I don't know any details yet, but it sounds very similar to the RA job that I have now. I have applied and interviewed for a job as a receptionist for the summer, so I'm waiting to hear about that. And I'm just waiting for something to happen now. Finals are next week, and then I don't really know what I'm doing. At all. It's a little frustrating, but I've gotten used to it in the past month and a half of waiting to hear about research. Oy.
Other than that, I'm just finishing up my last bits of homework for the year and preparing myself for studying this weekend and next week. Physics final on Monday, World Music on Tuesday, and Organic Chem on Thursday. And then I'm a free bird... literally, because I have no details about anything yet. Oy.
I am also waiting to hear if my study abroad application has been accepted, so I can go to Scotland in the spring next year. And I applied for a job as a campus tour guide for next fall, and interviewed for that yesterday, so I'm waiting to hear about that too. It seems that all I know how to do is wait. Oy!
Well, because this is me, and this is what I do, I am going to close with a relevant song quote, and leave it at that. I'll try to write more over the summer, to keep everyone posted on what I'm up to. Until then,
"Hurry up and wait. So close, but so far away. Everything that you've always dreamed of, close enough for you to taste, but you just can't touch. You want to show the world why no one knows your name yet. You wonder when and where and how you're gonna make it. You know you can if you get the chance. In your face, yeah, the door keeps slamming. Now you're feeling more and more frustrated, and you're getting all kinds of impatient. Waiting. You live and you learn to take one step and a time. There's no need to rush. It's like learning to fly, or falling in love. It's going to happen if it's supposed to happen. We find the reasons why, one step at a time."
-->Jordin Sparks, "One Step at a Time"
UPDATE: I found out where I am living for the summer! Well, I knew that I was in Lichty, but I found out my room number: 106. So that's me for the summer, Lichty Hall 106. That will be my home.
No comments:
Post a Comment