Friday, July 10, 2009

that rebel moon is shining. those stars burn like diamonds.

Today was the day that I was supposed to go home. And I'm still here in Holland, because I have been able to make some money. So I decided to stay and wait it out, at least for the time being. I'm still going to go home, but this time it's as a visit, not because I epically failed. Which is good. My sister and I are planning some fun things to do at home, so it's going to be a good time.

The way I've been making money is this: I have basically volunteered to do all of the jobs in the Events and Conferences Office that no one else wants to do. Like check-in people, and put away keys, and the like. It's busy work, and I really don't mind. At least I have a slight income now... unlike last month and the month before...

Not a whole lot of excitement has happened here in the last month. Justin and I went to a Shinedown concert last Sunday, so that was our one splurge of the summer. We actually discussed it, and came to realize that we've never been on an expensive date, really. So that was it. Haha. It's one of his favorite bands, and I'm happy when he's happy, so it was a good day. Tomorrow, we're going to one of the plays that the summer theater puts on here, and I'm excited about that. Other than that, nothing much is going on in the next three weeks before I head home. Justin's parents are going to be here next week for a vacation, so we are going to get to spend some time off campus for once. That will be nice.

The only other thing is that I found some information about some internships that I'm going to try to apply for next summer. They are crime lab internships, so that's really exciting. :) I'll add more details about them later, after I get more information and what not. But now, it's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment