Wednesday, August 11, 2010

you made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter.

A lot has changed in the past month. There were endings. And there were some beginnings.

Here I sit, in my mom's cousin, Robert's basement, and I am starting to reflect on the summer. It dragged on, but it also flew by. A lot has happened. I let go of some things that I have been holding tight to for the last two years. I learned to walk in heels. I took public transportation to and from work. I broke someone's heart. I chopped off my hair. I... grew.

In this mayhem of a process, I have discovered this:

"She said 'Oh, I've got to go and find me.' Oh, she found the strength to break free. Like a painted wild mustang flying out across the open range. She finally gets to live her life that way. No fear, no fences, nobody. No reins."

Leave it to Rascal Flatts, as always. So. Graduate school has changed. I have a list, and I've started filling out applications. All I know is that I need to leave the midwest for a while. I have to see what else is out there for me. And the coasts are calling.

"Is there life out there? So much she hasn't done. Is there life beyond her family and her home? She's done what she should, should she do what she dares? She doesn't want to leave, she's just wondering, is there life out there?"
-->Reba

1 comment:

divinedove said...

I'm so proud of you, Amanda. You've grown to be free spirited and living your life the way you choose to live it. I'm so excited for you that you're getting out there and putting yourself out there when you never know what will happen and you're not afraid to find out. ;) keep on keepin' on beautiful one! Look forward to hearing all about everything! xo

Post a Comment