Wednesday, November 25, 2009

bigger dreams came from smaller things, baby.

Well. It has been a long time since I have taken the time to blog about my doings. This semester has been one of those where I fully intend to enter hibernation afterward. Yeah, it's just been one of those things. But I have some fabulous things to update about.

1. I am officially going to Scotland. I have a plane ticket and everything. It's very exciting. I haven't heard about housing or classes yet, but at least it's not up in the air anymore. I'm going, and I am sooooo excited. :)

2. I already have an internship lined up for the summer! Last year, I hadn't even thought about the summer yet, but this year, I had a plan, and stuck to it. And it paid off: I'll be interning in the Office of Biometrics and Forensics at NCIS this summer. Yeah, that's right, NCIS, like the show. At the Washington Navy Yard. In D.C. I just found out this morning, and I still can't believe it. Above all else, it's going to look great on my grad school applications. Haha.

3. I applied for a Neighborhood Coordinator position through ResLife here at Hope, and should be hearing from them about an interview pretty soon here. If I got this job, I would be golden for grad school, because I would have a way to fund it. Hopefully.

4. My grad school plans changed a little bit. I am looking less into forensic science as a whole, and more into forensic chemistry and toxicology. It really narrows down the schools that I can apply to, which helps me as well.

5. It's thanksgiving break. And it feels wonderful. I have a lot to do (2 research papers, ugh) but I get to relax for today, at least. Woot woot. Haha.

Those are my top update thingys. Things have been really crazy here, and they are not going to slow down until the semester ends. And I really want it to end. But at the same time, the sooner it ends, the sooner Justin and I are going to be apart... and now that I got this internship, it's going to be for a very long time. I'm talking January through August, unless he gets an internship somewhere out east for the summer. Because then I could at least visit him for a weekend at least once. But since he doesn't know anything yet, nothing can really be planned.

I feel like I can finally start to breathe again, at least for a little while. It feels nice. I like to breathe. :)

As always, I will try to update more often. Once I get to Scotland, I will try to make it regular, like once a week or so. But we'll see. Haha. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment