Tuesday, September 22, 2009

say hello, say hello to a new day.

Ok, here I am, back at Hope. And it's been a crazy couple of weeks. Here is what I've learned since I've been back at school:

1. 18 credits is a lot. It may not sound like much, but I have been going nonstop ever since school started. In fact, I should be working now, but I'm taking a [small] break. Emphasis on the small...

2. Having something to look forward to can help you make it through the day. Mondays are hell. But Big Bang Theory is on at the end of the night, followed by Castle. It gets me through.

3. Couples friends are good. I've never had them before, but I like it. Then, I have someone to talk to, Justin has someone to talk to, and we're all happy. :)

4. Calculus homework takes a short lifetime to complete. I never have enough time. It's ridiculous.

5. Friday's are sacred. No homework on Friday's. It keeps me just sane enough to be able to start all over again on Saturday.

6. The smell of beer makes my muscles tense up. No, I haven't been drinking. Justin turned 21 about a week and a half ago, and he was trying some stuff at the brewery. Well, I know I'm not going to be a drinker.

7. Sometimes it's the most fun to just be one of the guys. Especially now that I'm living with 4 other girls... guys are so easy-going. And they're always funny, without the layer of drama underneath it all.

8. I was naive in high school. Beyond naive. I have learned way too many things... from my younger sister. I'm going to leave it at that.

9. Don't judge a book by its cover. Or people by their pasts. Often what is seen from the outside isn't the truth.

10. Cherish the small moments in life. I don't get to spend nearly as much time with Justin as I would like too, anymore. But I at least get to see him everyday. And next semester, I'm going to have to hold onto that.

Well, I don't have time for anything else, but I'm sure I'll keep learning a thing or two in the next couple of weeks as well. I'll try not to disappear, but I can't promise anything. Like I said, 18 credits is a lot. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment