Monday, March 8, 2010

she grew up good, she grew up slow. like american honey.

Well, here it's been two weeks again, and I am again having a severe case of writer's block. I will go back to my preferred method of blogging... a list of things. Things that have happened, things that are going to happen, things that may never happen... just things.

1. Jesse and I went to Glasgow for the weekend over the last weekend of February. It was great; we did a lot of sightseeing and were very tourist-y. We saw Glasgow Cathedral and the Necropolis, St. Mungo's Museum of Religious Life and Art, and the People's Palace and Winter Gardens. We went to an opera (La Boheme, so worth it) and a movie, ate when we were hungry and stopped when we were tired. It was nice; we didn't have a plan, just a list of things that sounded cool, and we hit them up as we got to them. That's the way to travel.

2. My external hard drive died. Well, died isn't the right word, but essentially, it died. It decided that it wasn't formatted, and I have yet to find a way to move my stuff off of it. But I'm working on that. It's all still there, that's all that matters right now.

3. Jesse and I moved. Adam Smith House, and dorm we were living in, has been undergoing construction, and it was noisy and annoying and inconvenient. Since I had been wishing since I got here that I had not decided to be on a meal plan, this is great for me. My flatmates are wonderful, and it has probably been the best choice that I've made so far since I've been here. Now that my walls are decorated with my pictures and quotes again, I feel at home.

4. I have been planning my mom and sister's vacation! Haha, it sounds like I've taken over, but my mom asked me to do it. And it's going to be awesome! We are staying in Aberdeen on the first and last night that they are going to be here. We'll be in Stonehaven for a night (so they can see Castle Dunnottar) and in London for 3 nights. I am beyond excited. :)

5. I have been emailing grad schools, and though I thought I might have to, I am not going to take organic chemistry for a second time. I know in my heart with everything that I have that I could get a much better grade in it the second time around, but my adviser advised me that it wouldn't be worth my time. If I can't get into grad school with the grades that I have, then I can retake it after I graduate and try again the next year. That would suck, but it will all work out. Whatever is meant to be will be.

6. We found a favorite pub! It's called Slain's Castle, and it looks like... a castle. Ha. But they have a cocktail for each of the 7 deadly sins, and they are all delicious. Sinfully delicious... pun intended.

7. We are going to DUBLIN on Friday!!! I am so excited!! I'll have to wear everything green that I own! Haha, ok I'm kidding about the last part, but yes, I'm pumped. :)

8. There is a plan. I've been talking and thinking about God's plan for me since I've been here, but it's not His plan that I'm talking about. It's Justin's. I don't know what the plan is, but he has one. A plan for us, for our future. And to think I doubted him. He said it goes as far out as after I'm done with grad school. I knew there was a plan for me somewhere, I was just looking in the wrong place. God has a plan too, don't get me wrong. But I think his plan, or at least part of it, was leading me to Justin.

Well, if my hard drive hadn't died, I'd put up some pictures of Glasgow. But for now, if you want to see pictures, visit my facebook: www.facebook.com/amandamarieg. I'll have less writer's block after Dublin, hopefully. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment