I am currently having trouble finding inspiration, and I don't know what to write. Last night was an interesting night, with interesting in this case being a synonym for fairly awful. It was hard to wake up this morning and have hope that everything was truly going to be ok. It sounds extreme, but another thing that I have learned about myself since I have been here is that even the smallest annoyance or problem easily escalates to a crisis in my mind. I am so far from home and from everything comforting that I panic at the slightest issue. There was no wireless on campus yesterday afternoon and evening, and then my keys got locked into my friend's room. Not a crisis, clearly. But all of my forms of communication were gone, and I panicked. Don't worry, there were two open computers in the computer lab, so Jesse and I were able to communicate with the people at home to let them know that we were unable to communicate with them. Haha.
In my quest for inspiration, I will elaborate on my weekend. We adventured to Loch Ness on Saturday! It was a good time, and again, can only be described by a picture:
The hills surrounding the loch were covered in snow, and the water was the deepest shade of blue, to the point of almost being black. It is a sight that I never really thought I would get the chance to see; something that is such a part of fantasy that I never believed I would have the opportunity to take part in the beauty. After riding the ferry boat on the lake (which is when this picture was taken), we were dropped off in front of Urquhart Castle:
As I still am lacking the words to say exactly what I'm feeling, I am going to end this post with this beautiful picture of a river as the sun sets:
"My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you. I've been running round in circles in my mind. And it always feels like I'm following you, because you take me to the places that, alone, I'd never find. And even as I wander, I'm keeping you in sight. You're a candle in the window on a cold dark winter's night. And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might. And I can't fight this feeling anymore. I've forgotten what I started fighting for. It's time to bring this ship into the shore... because baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore."
-->REO Speedwagon/Finn Hudson (from "Glee," of course!), "Can't Fight This Feeling"
No comments:
Post a Comment