Wednesday, May 13, 2009

i ain't here to do anything half-way.

I went downtown again today, and turned in 5 more applications. That brings the application count up to... 11. Wow. And yet, I still don't have a job. I know, I know, I have to give it time. But I'm not sure that I am going to stay sane enough to wait to get a job. Not only do I really need money, but I really really need something to do. Going downtown has been what has been occupying my days and a lot of my thoughts. But I need some routine, I need something solid. I don't know what else to do. I was told to go back downtown after 5 tonight to check on one of the restaurants, because that's when the manager is there. So I'll be doing that tonight. And the season finale of Lost is on tonight. Clearly I need other things to do. Uggh...

We finally had a meeting for the Summer Conference Assistants today, and it wasn't anything that I didn't already know, really. Except that they aren't giving out any of our information to the conference attendees, which I didn't realize. Basically, I'm there in case of fire or something awful happening. Or if they get locked out. Haha, great. I'm an RA all over again... except not for people that I have any chance of getting to know. Yay! Haha.

I did feel a little better after going downtown this morning, though. Even though I am still complaining that I don't have a job, I know that the process has started. At this rate, by the time Justin is done with his May term classes, I'll be employed. Since he's almost half-way done already, that may not be so far off. I am really hoping to get good news tonight when I go back downtown to that one restaurant. When I turned my application in two weeks ago, they said specifically that they were hiring. And then, the second time that I went down, they said that they probably wouldn't look at applications until after Tulip Time. Well, Tulip Time is over now, it's been two weeks, and I want to get the ball rolling here. So I have to work on that. And If I don't hear anything good, I figured I would check with the other places that I submitted an application last week, and see how they are doing. There's no hurt in checking around.

The only thing I have left to work on is my essay for study abroad. Yikes, I need something to do! Later.

LATER
Well, I went downtown and talked to the person who does the hiring at said restaurant that I mentioned earlier. He was very positive. And get this... they haven't even looked at the applications yet. And there were a lot there, that's for sure. But he took down my name so that he could find mine, since I introduced myself and what not. I could be making this up, but it seems to mean a lot to employers when people are very active in their job search. I mean, that was the 3rd time that I've been in there since I turned in my application. He said that they were going to be going through the applications tonight and tomorrow and then calling to set up interviews. So, if I don't get a call in the next couple of days, I am going to be sad, that's for sure. I don't want to hold out hope, but since I have applied just about everywhere within walking distance, all I can do now is wait. I will get a job... I'm a good employee, a hard worker, how could I not get a job? Well, we will see, won't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment