Friday, May 29, 2009

you've got a hold on me...

I had my interview today. I felt it went okay, but I don't want to be overly confident or anything. They said that they would get back to me, so I'm hoping I'll hear from them soon. As in, in the next couple of days. Probably not until at least Monday, though. I just want to have an income, I really don't care what it is at this point. I was just talking to my dad, and how hard it is to have all this time on my hands, but not be able to shop! And I've been trying really hard to not shop, because I need to save the money I have for school in the fall. And then for Scotland in the spring. So I'm trying to keep a balance. It's a good effort, at least. Haha.

In my spare time, the only thing that I have really been able to do is research into graduate schools, and which ones are the best deals and what not. Of all of the schools that I listed a couple of entries ago, the one that I have found is the most what I am actually looking for, within a decent price range is Virginia Commonwealth University, in Richmond, Virginia. So, that is my new first choice. Not that anyone is actually keeping track, but still...

Justin is gone for the weekend, so I have been trying to keep myself occupied with other things. I never realize how much time we spend just doing nothing... talking, cooking, reading, watching movies... until he's not here, and I have to try to do everything on my own and stay content. It's hard. There's a great line from the movie Hitch: "So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them." That's my problem. It's all of the mundane, everyday things that we do together that I have trouble doing by myself. Like... washing the dishes. I always help him wash his after dinner. But... when I'm washing my own, I hate it. I don't have anyone to talk to, I don't have anyone to joke with... I'm alone. I know it's just a weekend, but I'm not talking about just this weekend. Sometimes, I don't know how I'm going to go to Scotland without him. I know I can do it, and once I get through the first week or so, I'll be fine. But I feel... empty without him. Like I'm missing part of myself. Yes, I get all of this from washing the dishes. Ha. But it's true. He's my constant companion, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Well, the only other thing that is new is that I got my hair cut on Wednesday. It's not that much different, but that's the extent of my excitement lately. Sad, huh? Haha. Hopefully I'll know if I'm employed soon. Dah. Ok, until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment