Saturday, January 29, 2011

i'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home.

This has been quite a weekend.

I was invited over a month ago to interview at Georgetown for their pharmacology program. The interview was this weekend. And, oh my, what a weekend it was.

I'm not going to go into detail, because I don't actually know how it went yet. But... it was such a growing experience. As with everything else that I have experienced this year, I have learned so much about myself in the last couple of days.

I can hold my own in an interview crowd, most of whom are significantly smarter than me.

I'm a much friendlier person than I give myself credit for.

I make friends easily. I connect with people quickly. I am able to make people remember me. And in this kind of an interview crowd, that's a good thing.

I am exhausted, and watching The Proposal, currently. So. After a couple of weeks, when things settle down, I'll update again.

Oh... did I mention I have two more interview weekends? Yeah, Wake Forest University and the University of Arizona. And I'm waiting to hear from seven more schools yet. So... there's that.

Until next time, I'll leave you with some more Taylor Swift. It kind of encompasses the weekend.

"This night is sparkling. Don't you let it go. I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home. I'll wait forever, wondering if you know... This night is flawless. Don't you let it go. I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone. I'll sit forever, wondering if you know I was enchanted to meet you."
--> Taylor Swift, "Enchanted"

No comments:

Post a Comment