Sunday, February 6, 2011

write on.

The novel writing has commenced. And I've never been happier.

I have written 50 pages in the last six days. I'm at 17, 334 words. And I am LOVING it.

I haven't hit the wall yet, but I'm sure I will sometime this week as I freak out about my next interview. Which is this weekend. But not right now. Now, I spend all my free time writing and writing and writing.

And it's different than I thought it would be. I was trying to write my recluse character as the antagonist, but it's not turning out that way. It's better than I thought it would be, there are more twists and turns and it's so much fun to write.

I love my life right now. Love it. Everything is starting to fall into place, all of the people who drove me crazy last semester and earlier this semester don't matter to me anymore, and I'm getting all of my frustration about the ones who are still annoying me a bit out on paper. It's the best arrangement possible.

Part of me wants her to read it when I'm done. Haha. The person who I'm exaggerating ridiculously on the page. Then she can see how stupid she looks in my eyes. Not that she would actually see that. Haha. Anyways...

I love it. I'm happy. This is home. :)

A little T. Swift for the road. Truly, this novel is better than revenge, because so many more people will read it. Ha.

"She looks at life like it's a party and she's on the list. She looks at me like I'm a trend, and she's so over it. I think her ever present frown is a little troubling, and she thinks I'm psycho because I like to rhyme her name with things. But sophistication isn't what you wear or who you know. And pushing people down won't get you where you want to go. They wouldn't teach you that in prep school, so it's up to me. No amount of vintage dresses gives you dignity. "
--> Taylor Swift, "Better than Revenge"

No comments:

Post a Comment